Spicy radish and beef soup
This soup is another recipe which is very delicious and easy to make. When you boil this soup, the aroma is irresistible. : )
I filmed this video recipe with Mina when I visited Copenhagen, Denmark for my Gapshida project.
We made a huge portion for our meetup party that night, and everybody who came to the party enjoyed the soup and asked for the recipe.
Beef (brisket or skirt steak), white radish (or Korean radish or daikon), hot pepper flakes, fish sauce, sesame oil, garlic, green onions, ground black pepper, salt
Directions (for 2 servings):
cooking time: 1 hour
1. Cut 250 grams of radish (about 2 cups) into pieces 1 inch x 1 inch and ⅛ inch thick (2.5 cm x 2.5 cm and 0.3 cm thick). Put into a pot.
2. Cut 250 grams of beef brisket into bite sized chunks and put it into the pot.
3. Add 1 tbs hot pepper flakes, 2 tbs fish sauce, 1 tbs sesame oil, 1 ts salt, 2 cloves of minced garlic. Mix it well with a spoon.
4. Add 5 cups of water. Bring to a boil over high or medium hight heat with the lid closed for about 20 minutes.
*tip: when the soup starts boiling (After 10-13 minutes), skim off any fat or foam that floats to the surface of the soup
5. Lower the heat over medium heat and cook for another 30 minutes.
6. Chop 3 stalks of green onions and add it to the soup.
7. 1 minute later, turn off the heat. The soup is done!
Serve with rice.